Partition Magic 8.0 Windows XP HDD resizing STOPPED restarted = broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

help me please

i need to recover a PqRP drive, it was ntfs format but failed when i tried to resize it (computer restarted for no reason) it haddnt finished :O so now i look in partition magic and its set as pqRP (note im using it as a slave cause i have another computer ) it wont boot in the computer it was in :O

help

I am unaware of any utilities designed to repair Partition Magic blunders, but I guess it is too late to tell you sometimes that happens and always backup your data when possible. :(

Before we blame PM though... Often times, there is another underlying problem. Your drive may failing or your file system may have been damaged before you run Partition Magic. I suggest running a diagnostic utility to verify your drive is indeed working before you attempt to recover data... It might help you determine the best approach.

Interestingly enough, I have used Active @ PartitionRecovery to successfully restore a previous Partition Magic Mistake(tm). You can find a link to this program and drive diagnostic utilities here...

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

In the future when you run Partition Magic (if you didn't already), make sure to verify the physical integrity of your drive by using a diagnostic utility and a program such as chkdsk or scandisk to verify the file system. It might save you a headache.. But above all else, backup that data first! :)

Pretty much all partitioning tools tell the user to back up their data in advance. And most would ignore it.

So I use 2 part's: one for win and one for my doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back