PartitionMagic 2003 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I am a newbie in this forum. I am having an issue with PartitionMagic 2003 and wonder if anybody can help me out.

I have a 60 gig drive connected via USB that had 2 partitions on it, a 5 gig partition and a 55 gig partition. Both partitions were about 80% full of data. I tried to merge both partitions with PartitionMagic 2003, but while it was merging data, my son unplugged the USB cable. Now I can't see any files on those partitions, though when I look at properties of the 2 partitions in Windows Explorer, it shows there is still data there.

I try running CHKDSK /F on the drives, but it says that there is not enough space on the disk to fix the errors.

I bought a 250 gig drive to try and migrate the partitions and data and then to run chkdsk /f on the new partitions, but so far I have been unable to migrate the partitions and add free space to them using Ghost. So even though I have moved the data onto a larger drive, the partition sizes are the same and I still do not have enough room the run chkdsk.

Any ideas on how I can get my data back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back