PC crashes when it is updating

Hi,
Everytime my pc tries to update, it crashes when it is installing the updates. This happens with most of my programs that update but mainly with windows update. I have driver detective installed and all my drivers are upto date. I have ran all my virus,malware and spyware scans and they don't find anything.

I also have registrybooster installed and after the pc crashes, I run a scan and it finds numerous registry errors which then it fixes. When the pc crashes, the windows update is half way through installing updates and then the pc goes to a blue screen with lots of writing on the screen, I can never read all of it because the pc restarts, but it basically tells me that it has done this before any fatal damage is done to the pc. It has an error code 0x000000 (very long numbers, I can never get all the code because of the pc restarting). It also says about memory dumps and things like that.
I'm very sorry about the vague information, I'm not very computer literate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm sorry you are having trouble like that, but perhaps you would take note that experienced people would not regard 'registry booster' type applications as either safe or reliable.

I'm sorry you are having trouble like that, but perhaps you would take note that experienced people would not regard 'registry booster' type applications as either safe or reliable.

Hi gbhall,
This is the main reason why I have signed upto this forum, as I stated I'm not very computer literate and I am asking for help. If 'registry booster' type applications aren't regarded as safe or reliable, what sort of application is safe and reliable ?

Any help would be appreciated

Welcome to Techspot !

It is not easy to answer a failry general question like that, so I would recommend you should browse around the site, familiarise yourself with the layout and then concentrate on one or two Forums.

First off, check from the main page the tab 'Downloads'. Check out the All-in-one tools and Utilities lists, and you can be reasonably happy that any software listed for download here will be both free and generally meets with the approval of the site moderators.

Next have a look at the tab TS extra on the main page. Click Community Repository, and under Techspot Community, there is a line Guides and Tutorials. This leads to no less than 74 guides which is well worth scanning.

Back to the main page again, and choose Forums tab. Two of the forums will be of interest to you, first 'Software and Utilities' and 'Guides and Tutorials' On those two forums, you see a good illustration of how particular users problems are tackled.

Finally, you should try the search window or the sub-tab search. Here you can often zoom in on a problem you may have and see if there has been any solution to the same or a similar question. For example, you might search on 'registrybooster' and you will find it comes up with many pages, virtually all of which are references to malware removal ! (and your query top of the list at the moment ;} )

Back