PC keeps crashing with blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, i duno why but my pc keeps crashing with the blue screen of death,
it only used to happen like once a week, but now its occuring everyday :(
I duno if its a driver problem or hardware. Ive attached my last mindump file to see if anyone could deterimines the problem or suggest a solution. Anyhelp is much apreciated.

Oh and it happen with vista installed to, but now i have got back to xp and stil the same error.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : B997B734 BCP3 : A9AB9ACC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Dee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER09ab.dir00\Mini031208-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Dee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER09ab.dir00\sysdata.xml

There are so many problems that can cause this. It would be good to know your brand, model, and age of computer.
Likely causes: failing hard drive. Failed memory module, or simply not enough memory, bad video graphics card, bad video graphics driver, Defective CPU fan, thermal paste for heat sink-cpu connection needs replacing, defective power supply, any of a number of cables that have become brittle, crimped, or loose.
The fact that it happened in VISTA makes the video graphic drivers suspect, but your report that it now happens in WXP complicates the issue.
When you switched to WXP, did you do a reformat and reinstall, totally cleaning out the install, or did you just install it over the top.
Does this problem occur when you boot in SAFE MODE?
It will be helpful for you to tell us brand and model, and the component configuration... Memory installed, optical drive, hard drive brand, video graphics card or info on integrated video.

This is a the pc i bult,
Cpu
intel q6600

Memory
Adata 4gb ddr2 400mhz

Motherboard
Gigabyte p35c -ds3r

Graphics card
Ati radeon 1950xt

Hardrive
Seagate 250gb

I had xp installed on it at 1st but moved on to vista and still the same problem, so i went back to xp. And its been a clean format each time. I hope this information helps. cheers

Your error is a 0x7E SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Your minidump specifically pointed to memory corruption. If indeed you have bad RAM it matters not the OS you are running; you'll crash.

I have experienced what you are experiencing: increased frequency of crashes and errors all over the place due to faulty memory.

So, you need to run MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes. This will take a long time. Any errors and you have memory that has to be replaced. Also, if you have errors run this test on each individual stick to see if one or all need replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back