PC Randomly Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Tried everythnig that techspot admin's had told me to do, Replace PSU, Get new mobo and Processor. Practically changed the important parts even the video card. Im stuck, it doesnt freeze all the time just sometimes. For Example I will be playing games like WW3 WOW or CS, then my screen will lock up.

Question - im using mobo that supports dual 400, meaning i can duel my ram, but I put my ram in as singles, would that cause the problem? i'm not sure, tho replaced all my parts all that i have left that i really havent checked is my HD's and CD-rom and Ram ( unsure how to check ).

Im running a AMD 3500+, 500watt PSU, 6600 G-force, Asrock 939 dual sata2, 2 seagate barracuda's and 1 maxtors hard drive. also a LG dvd drive.

Question, if i swap the hard drives and the problem is still occuring, the last HD i used if i keep it plugged in would it crash the computer? is that possible? or am i just guessing.

more suggestions ill keep trying!

I bet this is happening because of that crazy motherboard you have. That is the one that has pci-e AND agp? That's stupid man, get rid of it and get a real mobo like the Epox 9npa+ Ultra. Try removing a hard drive too. Ram as singles wouldnt cause a problem. Why would you run it in singles, dual channel is faster. Plus it isn't your mobo that supports dual channel ddr400, it is the integrated memory controller on the Athlon 64. Also, can you check the temperatures? Download a program called speed fan and check the temperatures periodically you might have an overheating problem.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan429.exe

Also, can you please give ALL your specs in detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back