PC won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago my processor died out on me so I ordered a new mobo and intel core 2 duo 2.13ghz proc.

After installation of new parts, I turned it on and it went through boot up to the point of showing the windows logo with a loading bar on the bottom and froze. I turned off the pc and back on, it got back up to the same point then hits a blue stop error, with the message pfn_list_corrupt. I looked up the error and found that the problem is usually faulty ram or bad drivers. So first I decided to check the RAM, I took one stick out, same error, swapped sticks, same problem. Took out both sticks and put in new ones, same problem. So then I figured it was the drivers, I tried to boot into safe mode but it loads a few things (still in console view or whatever it's called) then computer reboots itself, continues to do this everytime. So I figured what the hell I'll just reformat it, I put in the windowsxp cd, enter the menu, I hit repair and it loads a little bit then reboots itself.

I don't know if this is one problem effecting the whole thing or multiple ones that came in at once.

Current setup -
PCCHIPS P23G Socket 775 motherboard
Intel core 2 duo 2.13ghz socket 775 proc
2x 512mb PC-3200 184-pin ram from SimpleTech (2x 256mb 184-pin as backup)
160gb harddrive (dont know much else about it)
GeForce 6600 AGP from PNY
Creative X-Fi Platinum sound card
450 Watt power supply, only about 1.5 years old, came on my Xion case

My guess is power supply is starting to die out on me or I recieved a faulty mobo?

Thanks in advance for any help

-Shogg

nop i doubt it, it could be a series of problems, but i wud check that u connected everything right check for gaps or mis-connections ect (cmos battery/jumpers)
umm if not try and (BORROW) a psu of sum1 (mayb u have a it friend) and just test it if it works then u need a new 1 if not then i'd guess its probably a dodgy cpu/mobo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back