Phantasy Star Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX82XXX

Hi,
I bought the above mentioned game to run on my modest graphics card (X1600). I'm unable to run the game due some form of anti-piracy measure. I don't want to uninstall my anti-virus software just to validate the game. Any alternative approaches?
Many thanks.

I bare some bad news :( , it appears the game does not run under Windows 7. Here is a link from the Sega PSU tech support forum [link]. It also appears that the online services for PSU are shutting down as well on March 31st 2010 [Link]. And as you pointed out your GPU is pretty old maybe we can help you upgrade if you're interested so you can get some newer games. Sorry for the bad news :( .

Hi Relic,
I've heard about the online game server finishing up. I only want to play the single player game.
I had no problem playing older games such Sim City 3000 & 4 under W7 OS. I know my card is old, have ordered an Antec TP650 & ATI 5770, not here yet. However, I've since been able to play the Crysis & Bioshock demos with my existing card, admittedly on low settings. I haven't bought any games in years thinking my card wouldn't play anything so I was quite surprised to Crysis running. Looking forward to running it with the new card.
Cheers.

Good choice with the 5770 solid midrange card that should play most games on or around high settings. But ya PSU's gameguard DRM appears to be the issue with 7, I haven't read through that entire thread so there might be an answer there for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back