Please help me, Virus or Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

This is my first post on this site, so firstly let me hello and let you know that my name is Gemma and I know very little about computers!

A bit of background: I am currently working on my Brother in Law's PC as mine, last week, became seriously "ill" with what I suspect to be a Trojun or Virus.... now BIL's PC is infected, and I don't know why, how, or what with. More to the point, I don't know how to fix it but need to or I will be buying TWO new machines, and a 40gig removable storage and possibly a digital camera, as all seem to be infected!

This computer is running McAfee, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I keep getting pop-ups to websites offering all manner of personal "services"; pop ups explaining that my computer is infected and mentioning something out my "Buffer".......

HELP!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

The HijackThis log is below:

Also, why is my keyboard failing since the computer started misbehaving?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

Gemma

Please! Can anyone help me?

I have installed Norton 360 which found something and destroyed it. But this morning when I switched on I got the following message:

"WINDOWS - NO DISK
Exception Process Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c"

And keep getting the message "c:\windows\system32\dtnureag.dll"

Also, when surfing the net I keep getting pop-ups and sites opening which anounce that I have exceeded my Buffer and saying "NOTICE: Your computer has tracks of all adult sites you have visited. In most cases, you are not even aware of the files that get installed by themselves, violate your online privicy and could compramise your career and your marriage. These files leave tracks of your online behaviour and even compramise your credit card's security...... It is possible to clean up (etc etc)... would you like to install AdvancedCleaner to check your computer for free (Recommended)."...

Now, obviously I don't want to install it but I simply cannpt remove this pop-up from my screen :(

Please, can anyone assist.

Gem

Also, it keeps saying: "Warning, your computer is infected, you could suffer data loss, erratic PC behaviour, PC freezes and crashes. Detect and remove viruses before they activate themselves on your PC to prevent ..... " Then asks me if I want to download AntiSpyWareMaster? And, once again I can't shift it!

Also, my keyboard is getting worse.

Please help! [she says, almost crying like a girl!]

Find Adaware 2007 with a Gurgle search, download and install it, and then download and install Spybot 1.5.2
They will generally rid your computer of the popups.
You will also have more success using Mozilla Firefox for anything except visits to Microsoft... where you MUST use Internet Explorer.
You might consider using AVG Free Antivirus which you can get quickly by doing a Gurgle search of Grisoft AVG Free. This is good antivirus, and the new paid version with antispyware is worth it.
You might also consider using Spyware Doctor which is very good with the problems you describe.
When you become a little more experienced, we will change these recommendations, but you are off to the right start by asking the right questions.
An acceptable alternative is Webroot Antispyware.
All good spyware software now costs money... but Adaware and Spybot are free and do a good job with lots of virulent stuff... though not the worst trojans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back