Please please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just came accross this site and wondered if anyone can help me, my computer is continually freezing, more and more regularly and i have to keep switching it off by hand to restart, sometimes the mouse pointer freezes other times the whole system freezes, it is getting very frustrating.
also shows this message

C:\DOCUME~1\Lee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERccf9.dir00\Mini082409-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Lee\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERccf9.dir00\sysdata.xml
BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 805ADACC BCP3 : F797BBB4
BCP4 : F797B8B0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

thank you
lee

In order for us to diagnose the problem(s), you will need to post the actual minidump attached so it can be debugged. The first line of your pasted info tells you where to find the DMP file, which you can upload and attach to this thread.

Before you even do that, when did this freezing start and what was the last thing you installed on the computer? Did you recently update drivers, or install some new updates?

thanks for getting back to me, i had to recently re-install windows so everything on the computer after that i had to re install the drivers for. i used one of these driver updaters to try and find the problem it seems to think there was problem with my NVIDIA drivers, which it then claimed it fixed.

I read your dump and it specifically cited memory corruption as your issue. Thus you need to run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back