Plz, help me with Mailtrojan Backdoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Everybody,

I'm new here

And I've request..

I'm having a problem with my server (Windows 2003 for Small Business Server)

I was using Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition but for a long time when I do virus check with it, it didn't find any virus and it surprises me. Then i installed AVG and with it I found out some viruses and deleted, but later it started to work as Norton. Then i installed CounterSpy and it checks spyware and viruses too and found out Mailtrojan Backdoor on C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins.exe
And I dont know what to do, just keeping that Mailtrojan backdoor on CounterSpy's Quarantine. Is there any possibility to remove virus without reinstalling system or formatting...??? My system is very big and complicated, I can't imagine to reinstall it.. and hoping to find another way of getting rid of from virus..
Now I realized the server started to work slowly.. and I'm worrying..

Please, help me???!!!!

Thanks!
Blessings!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of Nicole23 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back