Pop Up Advertisements

DaMak420

I am about 95% sure i know the answer coming.

Is there any way to turn those off?

I have a terrible habit of leading my eyes with my mouse cursor. This of course makes me touch the little blue underlined keywords for the adds.

Then the damn advertisement pops up, and completely stops me from reading because about 90% of the time it is covering the next words I want to read.

It is rather frustrating, although i am sure it is a primary source of income which ultimately keeps this site going, and me not paying for it.

I just thought I would ask... maybe there is a way to make them pop up on the side of the screen instead of in front of the text I am reading?

I don't know.

Just my .02

Although technically the ads you are referring to are not called pop up advertisements (those would be the very annoying windows that open on the top of your screen without permission - we don't run those), I understand you are referring to IntelliTXT ads which are the double underlined links which we do run here.

While we don't support ad blocking as that would go well against our only source of income, we fully understand IntelliTXT can become annoying to some of our readers. For that reason we have added the option for readers to turn those off permanently (as established in your browser cookies). So next time you get one of those, just click on the question mark (?) on the ad window border and you will be redirected to a page that contains some background information on IntelliTXT and how to turn it off (a 1 click procedure). Hope that works for you :)

Back