Power Supply Problem ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI . Im having some crash issuse with my PC. Ive done all the regular trobleshooting fixes such as driver updates etc. I just installed a Hardware monitor program (MB5) and i believe ive found the trouble. The Power Supply is a 450w Okia the +12.0v is all over the place is it normal or should it be steady ?

The power supply should have steady voltages if your is fluctuating by a fairly wide range your looking at serious trouble shut it down and dont turn it on until you replace the PSU!! if you continue running it with errractic voltages you can damage or destroy your computers hardware.

we don't need a budget, any PSU by Antec, Enermax, Sparkle, or fortron are all good.

make sure you buy a good brand like the ones I mentioned above, you do not want to run into the same problem again, or even worse destroy your PC with a garbage power supply.

single video card systems shouldn't need any more than 350w. if you run a dual card system (or want to in the future) than get a 450w or higher.

I have an OCZ GameXStream and I can swear by that. My old Antec worked like a dream for 3 years. They're both pretty good, though when I bought my Antec, it was the most reputed company around as far as PSUs are concerned.

Thanks for the replies. The 500w will stay with this puter. I just bought as ASUS board to tune up this P4 2.8. I do have plans to put together a Gamer but that one will get a Good case and Pwrsupply.
Man ive been searching for the trouble with this thing since i got it . Random crashes and restarts. I never considered the power supply I figured it would be a go -no go situation .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back