Pre-built PC seller 'Fierce' is offering a new line of affordable 'No GPU' gaming systems

Polycount

In brief: One of the benefits of purchasing a pre-built gaming PC these days is convenience. For new PC gamers who aren't familiar with the process of building their system, being able to get everything they need in one package -- a motherboard, a CPU, a GPU, etc. -- is a major boon. However, one system builder, "Fierce PC," is experimenting with a new, lower-cost (and slightly less convenient) line of products: GPU-less rigs.

Fierce is calling this product line-up the "No GPU Range," and there are three systems on offer right now: the Nexus Pro, Nexus, and the Nexus Elite. The Nexus Pro is, despite the name, the cheapest system in the product range. It ships with an Intel Core i5-9400F, 8GB of DDR4 RAM (clocked at 3,000MHz), a 240GB 2.5-inch SATA SSD, and a 1TB HDD.

The standard Nexus has an Intel Core i3 9100F, a 480GB 2.5-inch SATA SSD, and the same 8GB RAM kit as the Pro. Both systems also arrive at your door with the same motherboard: the MSI H310M Pro-VDH Plus. The final Nexus system -- the Elite -- has an Intel Core i7 10700, 16GB of DDR4 RAM (clocked at 3,000MHz), a 250GB 2.5-inch SSD, and a 1TB HDD.

Each system comes with a pretty fancy, RGB-equipped case, which you can see for yourself on their respective store pages (it'd be tricky to describe the designs adequately here).

Pricing for each system starts at £559.95 for the Nexus Pro, £589.95 for the Nexus, and £899.95 for the Nexus Elite, though financing options are available for qualified customers.

We're not quite sure how to feel about companies shipping pre-built systems without GPUs. There are benefits, for both system builders and consumers (lower prices being the most obvious), but even with all of Fierce's warnings about what it means to buy a "No GPU" system, PC newbies may snag one without fully understanding the implications.

Still, more choices are always good for consumers, so in the end, the concept is probably a win-win for everyone. If you plan to let your existing GPU carry you through several hardware generations, why not go for a more basic, stripped-down offering?

Masthead credit: GRAFstock

Permalink to story.

Man, they really do mean no GPU - those F versions of the i3 and i5 have the integrated GPU disabled. At least the 10700 doesn't, but the Nexus Pro and Nexus are useless 'as is.'

In an age where there are no unused or available GPU's and they sell a system that you cannot even post without adding a GPU....

Are we back to 2020(weirdness wise?)?? :)

Hmm you'd literally need a gpu with an f model. Wonder if that company even knows what they are doing. What's really bad is if that company is actually telling ppl that, I highly doubt it. Saying no gpu to most would be no dedicated gpu, most assume integrated would be there.
The only ppl that would appeal to would be ppl who have gpu or someone who has no clue (most ppl).

Not only do these rainbows cost you a pot of gold... there’s no GPU at the end!?! That seems like a deal that only a leprechaun could come up with.

Most of the cards being sold by Newegg in their shuffle promotion are going to scalpers and miners. While the gamers are sitting around crying about not being able to get a card, scalpers and miners are doubling down on their efforts and improving their methods every day.

It just shows that the lack of GPUs are hitting PC makers very hard. Currently, most people are buying these pre-assembled PCs because they get to chance to secure a GPU which they can't get in usual retail channels. To go to the point of selling PCs with GPU means (1) too much inventory of other components that are not in shortage, and, (2) sales number is taking a dive.

They are not giving you more choice by this lineup, they just don't have enough GPUs, but still must sell prebuilt PCs. Also, what's the point in a prebuilt PC if you still would have to open it up and connect a GPU? If you know how to do it, you'd rather buy separate components, assemble it yourself for cheaper price. God, these are completely useless.

People who still think Crypto is going to die lol.

Well you are mixing words there. The word used was "crash" and not "die" and all markets always have a risk of crashing and to assume cryptocurrency will not take a massive dive at some point is a very naieve point of view.

"Most of the cards being sold by Newegg in their shuffle promotion are going to scalpers and miners." Based on what evidence?

I see that assumption passed around on a few sites regarding the Shuffle, and am curious as to what evidence people are basing this on as well.
Not winning is not evidence.

/has been attempting the Shuffle route as well.
//Evga queue so slow....

Let me get this straight.... A no-GPU prebuilt gaming system called "Fierce"???
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I've got nothing against fierce as they seem competitive. However, I have been in the computer industry about 25 years and you have to cover your bases when dealing with what we call 'end users' I.e. the public!

This will sound arrogant but some people are just simply thick when it comes to practicality! They will want the pc to turn on and give them a screen at the least.

Firece will get a barrage of complaints that their pc's aren't working, and despite their effort to sell an upgrade, a percentage of people will just yell "I want my money back".

They are setting themselves up for problems selling no gpu box units with no integrated graphics capability...it sends an irresponsible selling message.

I've got nothing against fierce as they seem competitive. However, I have been in the computer industry about 25 years and you have to cover your bases when dealing with what we call 'end users' I.e. the public!

This will sound arrogant but some people are just simply thick when it comes to practicality! They will want the pc to turn on and give them a screen at the least.

Firece will get a barrage of complaints that their pc's aren't working, and despite their effort to sell an upgrade, a percentage of people will just yell "I want my money back".

They are setting themselves up for problems selling no gpu box units with no integrated graphics capability...it sends an irresponsible selling message.
Yes, some people are thick, but these guys should have done their research about their target audience, because as some others have pointed out, I also think they're trying to get rid of inventory rather than cover a real need. Their biggest audience will be those you mentioned, who complain their PC is not working and won't have a clue on how to solve it.

To give Fierce PC some credence, they do state the need for a graphics card a couple of times:

fierce01.jpg

That's the main page; here's the page for the individual model:

fierce02.jpg

However, the warnings disappear after that. Once you're down the purchasing chain, you're on your own!

I think Amazon will be getting in a shipment of MSI GT-730s in on or about April Fool's Day, if that helps. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is completely not what I expected. What I was expecting was systems with integrated GPU's like AMD APUs which at least can do basic gaming at lower costs. More like ITX systems. Something I'm starting to consider more and more going forward instead of larger component builds. Unless something major happens in computing technology, Moore's Law speed increases are slowing down and heterogeneous CPU/GPU combo chips are becoming more or less sufficient.

Last edited:
This is completely not what I expected. What I was expecting was systems with integrated GPU's like AMD APUs which at least can do basic gaming at lower costs. More like ITX systems. Something I'm starting to consider more and more going forward instead of larger component builds.
Well, IMO these systems are bullsh!t. They're throwing together parts which are easily sourced, then expecring the purchaser to have better luck finding a video card than they had. Video cards are made of "unobtainium" ATM. I've seen shortages before, but never, ever, on the scale of this one. The heaviest cards Newegg has in stock right now, are GT-710s, and possibly a stray GT-730..

So, instead of having to go out of business altogether, they opt for what could only be categorized as a "desperation maneuver". casting the customers out to fend for themselves.
Moore's Law speed increases are slowing down and heterogeneous CPU/GPU combo chips are becoming more or less sufficient.
You know, "Moore;s Law", is nothing more than a coinage based entirely on popular mythology, and wide eyed naivete. While it may have held up for a time, in perpetuity just isn't happening.

As processes narrow, manufacturing difficulty squares faster than transistor count.. If Mr. Moore wasn't merely pulling cliches out of his a**, Intel would be on a 5 nm process by now.

Last edited:
Back