Printer Problem Lexmark z65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just bought new PC with XP Home. A program that I use ( written in VB ) now prints a black square where there should be an image. It works fine on an old Epson Sylus 200, also checked it at work on several printers under XP all work OK.

I've loaded the latest driver from Lexmarks site.
Is there another Lexmark Printer that I could perhaps install and fool it into using that.

Any help suggestions welcomed.

Ken Gillam
www.wiz.to/art

Latest isn't always greatest in my experience. I've had to revert to older drivers with some printers based on the needs. Try backing the driver set down a couple revisions if you can get your hands on them and see what happens.

Do other programs print properly? Can you print the same image from Paint?
It could be a printer configuration issue (go over all things in printer properties) or perhaps your program accesses the printer in some non standard or careless way that the driver doesn't like.

All works fine apart from when the software inverts the image, Other programs work OK
It's a custom VB program which printed fine in W98SE since changing to XP it now prints a black square where the image should be.

The code loads the jpeg which has been placed in an image control so it can be resized. This is copied to the picture control from which the Picture in the Picture control is printed.

The print instruction has minus values for height and width, this should print it upside down, but it just prints a black square.

If the image is not inverted (ie positive values for height and width) it works OK.

The code worked fine in W98 with minus values turning the picture upside down as required.

I have tried a couple of black and white printers, my Epson Stylus200 on LPT1 at home and I've tried the HP Laserjet 1200 at work which both work OK with the program. Also an Epson C44 colour under XP Pro

It doesn't work from either the VB environment or when compiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back