Problem in downloading DirectX 9.0c, please hep. I am unable to solve the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can you also tell me that is DirectX 9.0c dependent on the type of graphic card we have.

I have an inbuild graphic card thats intel 82815 chipset. I am still not able to upgrade my DirectX from DirectX 9.0b to DirectX 9.0c. Actually, I need to install a 3d software for which I require DirectX 9.0c. Please help me, I have already formatted my primary drive of my systems harddisk. I am having a copy of DirectX 9.0c on CD which is very fine but I dont know why at the time of installation it shows "Installtion of DirectX 9.0c completed successfully" but when I see the version after the installtion its still the same DirectX 9.0b.

I am eagerly waiting for your support.

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Sachdeva

Directx 9.0b to Directx 9.0c

Hellow
I have a window xp with service pack2 and tried many times to install directx 9.0c but do'nt have sucess.So how can i remove directx 9.0b.
thanks

Upgrading from 9.0b to 9.0c

i recently had this same problem with my computer after i bought a new video card and had it installed it still read that i had 9.0b running under directx diag. i searched around the web for hours and hours on end and finally came to a single post saying this.

you must go to a search engine and search for "service pack 2" aka sp2 and download it from a NON microsoft site.

NOTE: make sure to use a safe site when downloading sp2 as some unsafe sites may have spywear or viruses attached to the files. i would personally recomend a site such as www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html or any that are NON microsoft sites found when "sp2" is searched for on google.

the windows updater that is currently installed on the computer is not reading that any new updates (9.0c) are currently available for download so it simply redownloads the newest available to it (9.0b).

it may take a few minutes to a few hours but this did end up solving my problem and my dxdiag now reads as directx9.0c. i really and truely do hope this solves the problem as i know how frustrating it can be to not be able to have 9.0c ...goodluck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back