Problem with HP DX2450

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_could_fall

Hi, I have a problem with sound on HP DX2450. Like there is no any sound device. I tried original drivers from HP site but it installs fine and still there is no any sound device except generic windows sound devices. It runs on Win Xp Pro. I downloaded drivers from Realtek site and it`s the same. How can I make it work?

Two things....

1. Check in the control panel under sound and audio devices. click the audio tab and check that your default device is the sound card in the laptop.

2. If you are certain that you have the right driver for your sound card. Go into device manager and click update driver. and tick the option "Dont search I will choose the driver to install". Browse to the folder containing the .inf file of your OS and Card.

There is

no any unknown device in device manager except something PCI Device, but with Dev and Ven numbers i managed to find out that it is related to ATI graphic card. Becouse its HD 3600 series. Its not disabled in BIOS simplly like there is no any sound chip on MB but there is. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back