Problem with Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillocity

ever since i installed (at windows' insistence) cumulative security update for ie8, for win xp (kb980182) internet explorer is slower than molasses...gaming is herky jerky...and links sometimes just don't work at all. any ideas?

windows keeps crashing, can you please tell me what is faulty on my pc I keep getting a blue screen memory dumping and here is the log at event 1001, do you know if it is a faulty ram or memory stick I have a 1gb on the first slot and a 2gb on the 3rd both are white while slot 2 and 3 are black this is a dell optiplex gx620 pent 4 with 320ghz

here is the dump error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80522704). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini033110-03.dmp.

think most of the problem is that my ie is 32 bit and the jvm is 64 bit...but not sure about jvm. any way i can determine whether java is 32 or 64 bit? i do have firefox on my machine and may just start using it...but if i run into the same problems...probably a 32bit/54bit clash...

You can't have a 32 bit/64 bit clash. 32 bit doesn't work on 64 bit, and 64 bit doesn't work on 32 bit. It won't cause slowness, it just won't work.

Reinstall the latest version of java.

no clash...but...

You can't have a 32 bit/64 bit clash. 32 bit doesn't work on 64 bit, and 64 bit doesn't work on 32 bit. It won't cause slowness, it just won't work.

Reinstall the latest version of java.

you're right...it won't work...here's what's happening...i go to a game site that is mostly java...the splash screen for the game loads, but as soon as java tries to load, the whole thing goes away...i just downloaded a 32 bit version of the latest java, hope that works...

up and running...the version i had downloaded was 64 bit (not a surprise it didn't work) but once i downloaded a 32 bit version...no more problems...i think the java site ought to give people the option of choosing a 32 bit or a 64 bit version before downloading...the default is the 64 bit version...oh, well...problem solved...

windows keeps crashing, can you please tell me what is faulty on my pc
Have you been facing the problem after upgrading your ram? have you checked how much ram can your system allow?
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back