Problems with dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something wrong with the DVD drive, graphics drivers need updating, DVD disk dirty, DVD player software corrupted or faulty, your PC specs are too low to play DVDs. That's about all I can think of for now.

Edit: captaincranky, your crystal ball out for repair or something?

Ahem.....He said, but I think he meant amen....Meh I'm not sure...

No, you do need software to play a DVD on a computer. The Media player doesn't come with a DVD-Video Codec. Hence, it was actually a fair question.

The Windows media player will attempt to play a DVD without a codec, and it will be jerky.
I do like your insufficient spec answer though, good guess.

Is there a specific codec that i need to download so that i can play a dvd? It is very frustrating that they don't play. please help me...

You need a DVD-Video codec. I don't know of a free one. If you're using the Windows Media player it will direct you to software manufacturers you can purchase a plug-in from.

You still haven't bothered to tell us which software you're trying to play a DVD with.
Oddly enough, at this point I'm going to insist that you do, since we can't make a diagnosis if you don't! Capesh!

i am not sure what you are asking me to tell you... i am not really literate with all of this. please forgive me but if you explain what it is you need me to tell you i will to the best of my knowledge.

We're asking what software you're using to attempt to play the DVDs. For example; "Nero Showtime". "Power DVD", WinDVD, or the Windows Media player itself. The Windows Media player WON'T play DVD without a DVD "Plug-in".
If you have software installed that is designed to play DVDs, then your problem could be hardware insufficiency. IE processor to slow, etc. The things that mailpup was pointing out earlier.
Please reread our earlier posts, then post back with any other questions, it's not a problem, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back