Problems with Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a problem where the Computer Keeps freezing up. I was running Dual monitors. When i would unplug one of the monitors to see if the problem was the second monitor i would still encounter the problem. Ive Tried rolling back the drivers and update the drivers and still having the same problem. Im Not doing any gaming at all on this computer. The computer is being used in an office.

System specs are:
Motherboard: MSI MS-7376
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition
Video Card: GeForce 8500 GT
Memory: 2gb ddr2

Are you sure it's a problem with your monitors?
Doesn't seem like it to me...
Can you please offer more information?

After further troubleshooting I discarded the monitors from being the source of the problem. I thought they were the problem because i was reading up on the 8500 and saw that some people were having problems using acer monitors but they were running vista. Can the problem be that the motherboard and video card are conflicting?

you might try uninstalling all video drivers then installing the latest drivers from nvidia.com also if that card is a pre overclocked version try underclocking it a little. If you have 2 sticks of ram try taking 1 out turning on the machine and see if it still happens if it does turn off your machine unplug the power then take out the stick of ram that is in the computer than put the other stick in by itself than turn the computer back on to see if the computer still does it. these are a few of the things i would try also sounds like it could be a psu problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back