Processor problem: need advice before buying a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all and good day..i just want to get some advices from you guys well here my problem.

one day when i came home from school my computer started to act strange...when i turned on some games it automatically turns off and i was a little puzzled because this is the first time it acted strangely

after reseting the bios and still got the same problem i opened my computer while still running

and lo i found that it has a fan failure and the heat sink is pretty hot...thats what you get when you dont have an after market cooler and running your computer 24/7

so i really dont have any experiences about processors and out ouf sheer curiosity i tried pulling out the fan.. and i forgot that the processor was glued to the fan..i didnt also see the screws attach to the fan so i thought ill just pull it together with the heat sink....so i pulled out the fan and also the heatsink together with the processor...stupid right? so i paniced....i tried puttung it back and locking it but when i turned on the computer is acted more strangely it turned off and turn on again and turn off again and turn on again.....so i pulled the processor again and found out that the pins where bent. i tried to straighten it....but then again one of the pins broke and disloged from the processor...there goes my 3000 pesos.......i know that when a little pin is broke it is useless...

my current problem is i want to buy another processor but im worried that my motherboard might have a defect because i pulled the processor forcefully....i want to check out my motherboard if its ok but i dont know where to start....can you guys give e some advice on what complications might appear because of what i did and can you give me some advices on how to check it...thanks to you all thank God for good people like you thank God for the internet also ^^

by the way im running on
amd athlon X2 5000+ socket am2
gigabyte S series M750SLI-DS4
GeForce 9800Gt soniic

thank you guys ill be expecting your reply thanks:)

What defect do you think you might have caused on the mobo? The only way you can possibly check is to run a fully working processor+HSF combination on the system.

Also what is your budget for a new processor?

What defect do you think you might have caused on the mobo? The only way you can possibly check is to run a fully working processor+HSF combination on the system.

Also what is your budget for a new processor?

the budget is not a problem..im planning on buying a A64 X2 7850+ black edition plus an after market cooler....the only thing that worries me is after buying the new processor and my motherboard is already defective then my new processor is useless

Hi neil
a couple of things, depending on how hard you yanked it out of there, you may have cracked the PCB, and may have left a broken pin in the socket. if you torqued on it that hard, I would just taking your lumps and getting a new motherboard if you can.

Well your current board will support the Phenom II processors from AMD. You may want to get one of those.

i know that my mother board supports phenom...i just want to know if its there will be a defect or not because of what i did

there is no way of knowing that for sure. if you torqued on it that hard it could be a micro crack in one of the tracers. or it may be fine. you can plug in a different cpu, or replace it.

thnak you guys for your answers.. sigh... so the only thing to do is get a processor and pray that the mobo is still functional thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back