Query: I.E

Status
Not open for further replies.

turjya

Hi! 1)What is the highest version of Internet Explorer that I can run on Windows 2000 OS? 2) What is Active X?
Whenever I open Gmail it says that my browser isn't fully supported. Hence I need to upgrade to a higher version of Internet Explorer. Thanks .

IE6 Is currently the highest version available. IE7 is available, but it`s still in beta form and I don`t recommend you try it.

If you run Windows updates you will be able to get IE6 and any other updates for your system.

ActiveX see HERE for info.

The reason Firefox etc don`t support ActiveX is because it`s considered a security risk. The sooner websites stop requiring the use of ActiveX controls the better.

Regards Howard :)

The latest IE version for Windows 2000 is version 6, service pack 1. Download it from http://download.microsoft.com

ActiveX is a scheme designed by Microsoft to allow anyone on the internet to do anything they want with your computer just as long as you go and visit a website. Unless you really, really, really need it, you are better off disabling ActiveX.

Actually, unless you really, really, really need it, you shouldn't be using Internet Explorer either! Please, at least try Opera or Firefox for a week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back