Random blue screens of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinNL

Hey all,
I bought a new computer a while ago, made it myself of the following parts:
- Core 2 duo E8400
- XFX 9800GTX
- 450W Asus (450w is like the minimum required for the card so this could be it, though i have also had a bsod while not running a game, this card should then run energy safe)
- at the moment 2 gig 800mhz kingston ram, other 2gig is on its way (mostly around a sick 50% usage of ram in normal windows o.O
Asus P5QL-CM
well that was the specs

but well, lately since a few days i keep having blue screens of death, they just appear at random moments, most i had while playing a game, like wow, or sims 2, but ive now also had it while just browsing the web, without anything heavy running (not even itunes)

Thanks for your time and help:)
ps i putted some minidumps in, its officialy a .rar file but this forum didnt accept rar so i changed extention to .zip, for it to work you might have to change it to .rar again
(Mini121308-02.dmp was a crash while just browsing the web, no games)

BugCheck A, {1a, 2, 1, fffff80001cf4d40}
Probably caused by : hardware
PROCESS_NAME: Wow.exe

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa6002cd618b, fffffa600953d8a0, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys
PROCESS_NAME: Wow.exe

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80001cf86f2, fffffa6006cfdf60, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

BugCheck D1, {fffff900c06a6050, 0, 0, fffff96000176e23}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

BugCheck 10E, {1f, fffff8800a236de0, 0, 82afe}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys

Please run Memtest on your Ram

if its not the memory it could be the tiny powersupply. Both Dualcore and a big graphics card uses alot of power

c0000005: The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BugCheck A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BugCheck 3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
BugCheck D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BugCheck 10E: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

Or it could be the Video card memory itself, or incorrect drivers

Ok i've reinstalled drivers, it again gave a bsod
I'm waiting for my dad to get a dvd rw, then i make a memtest boot cd.
but anyways before i tested the ram memory on some program called Everest ultimate edition, it says its just fine, but it also sayd that about my previous ram stick which was so faulty whole windows got corrupted after using it for like 15 minutes..
but ill give the results of the memtest run asap.

ps, i checked my ram again in everest and it says its 72,3 ns latency, is this normal for CL5 ram?

Ok i did the memterst.
the results are, after 25 mins it gave 1 error, like 5 mins later 2 other errors occured, so i had 3 errors already in the ram, after that i just stopped the test since my friend told me that 1 error is already enough to just replace the ram.
so if im right the problem then is the ram it needs replace?

Sounds like the memory, but to make sure if you have 2 memory modules, remove the one you think is faulty and run the memory check again.

If you have the possibily to borrow a memory module you know is correct and without fault install that and run the memory test again.
If you still get an error it could be a faulty CPU.

Some rare times a faulty CPU can give errors in the memtest.
But it sure sounds like you have found the problem, a faulty memory module.

...my point is just that its good to make sure before you buy a new one, if the error in the end is a faulty CPU :)

hehe yes almost forgot that but its a good idea to also check with some working modules indeed ;p
i can use the ones in my old pc to check that, tho, my old pc has given a few bsods in its whole life but thats about 2 years and like 3 bsods in that time, only after it was on standby :p a nice welcome of windows

but anyway i have 1 module in it now, since the other one was so corrupt when i installed windows it failed halfway and the whole harddisk needed to be completely wiped with killdisk two times (tried to install windows several times, with like different dvd players and all) ;p

but ill check my other modules tomorrow then

Okey, i just replaced ram with the ram of my other computer, after 4 minutes of testing it gave a huge flow of errors, went on and on and stopped at about 132 thousand errors.

im running the memtest on my other computer now with that 132thousand error ram in it, see what happens. but omg god what have i done wrong :p
132 thousand oO the original "maybe faulty" memory gave just like 3 errors

Hi KevinNL,

I agree with JudaZ about running Memtest on each module one at a time. If you get any errors on every pass of Memtest on either of the memory modules then I suggest contacting Kingston to get them replaced. Also, you mentioned they are 800MHz CL5. Kingston changed the support of this motherboard to the 800MHz CL6 for better support and compatibility.
If the replacements do the same thing, look further into the PS or CPU as the problem area.

Kingston Tech Support

Hey thanks for the replys all,
I think the problem is solved, i showed the errors memtest gave to a friend, and i dont know how he knows but he said it was a module in the motherboard, and also i tested ram sticks they worked fine in the other computer after.
So i sent back the motherboard, now i just received the new one and untill now it still seems to run all good ^^ finally
thanks all

Hehe sorry it took so long, didnt had a computer all that time :p
I'll tell when somethings wrong again but when im quiet its all working fine ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back