Random PC Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Vista Home Premium laptop, bought it about 8 months ago. It has always been fine until recently when it began to freeze at random intervals.

When I say freeze I mean that the screen will remain exactly how it was at the time of freezing, i.e showing whatever was on display at the time, and the keyboard and mouse stop responding. Also the light which indicates PC activity stops flickering and stays off. For some reason the wireless light will still go on and off with the switch but that's the only thing that works.

All I can do it restart the laptop, the power button still works if held for a while. As far as I can tell these freezes are entirely random. Sometimes they happen 5 minutes after startup or sometimes it might be 5 hours.

I'm not all that good at PC's so any help will need to come with instructions. I'll provide any information you might need as long as you tell me how to get it.

Thanks

at 8 months should still be under warranty - your symptoms are typical of hardware failure - actual or imminent. Back to base is the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back