Razer's Kazuyo MFI gaming controller leaks

Justin Kahn

Since Apple introduced an official gaming API with iOS 7, talk about looming iOS controllers has been everywhere. We recently saw Moga's offering and Logitech's PowerShell, and now we get a look at what appears to be leaked images of Razer's upcoming MFI gaming controller, courtesy of evleaks.

razer ios

Dubbed "Kazuyo," Razer's controller looks to come along with a very similar set-up as what we saw with the Moga Ace Power. It has four face buttons, a D-pad, and two shoulder triggers. Much like Logitech's offering was criticized for, you'll notice the omission of any sort of dual analog sticks. The source of the leaked image is reportedly claiming that both the shoulder triggers and the backlit face buttons are pressure sensitive.

As you can see in the image above, one of the distinct differences of the Kazuyo is its ability to allow the user to tilt the part of the controller housing their iPhone. While it may seem a little underwhelming at this point, there is a chance this could allow for a more ergonomic gaming experience for some people in certain situations. The screen can apparently be tilted to about a 45 degree angle.

razer mfi kazuyo iphone gaming ios 7 mfi kazuyo moga ace power logitech powershell

Both the Moga Ace Power and Logitech PowerShell controllers will run you $100, so it is likely safe to say the Razer Kazuyo will be competitively priced.

Permalink to story.

So just glancing at this article and then at the other offerings, I see the MOGA offering to be the best. It seems to be a two part controller, maybe I am wrong, but it therefore could, possibly, ajoin to more than a freaking Iphone.
I know many people have an Iphone, but the Razer looks like a snug Iphone fit, and I would assume that Android wouldnt be too far down the road with wanting something like this, if it hasnt already, so why would you make something for the doesnt change much apple iphone ... oh that is why it doesnt change much and could fit a few of their handsets, but then thats why the MOGA looks better IMO. It should sell over a larger user base eventually.

Whatevs man.

I couldn't pay more than $50 for one of these. I could on a good day get a used PS vita for that price...

Back