Realtek audio in/out plugs don't keep configuration after restarting

Ok. It seems that the green output plug is broken, because all of the sudden it only sends audio to the left speaker. So...

1. I plugged my speakers into the blue input
2. Changed the behaviour of it to output audio, in the realtek audio manager
3. Worked fine!

But after shutting down or restaring the PC, the selected behaviour goes back to normal and I have to manually configure it from input audio to output audio.

What can I do? Please help

Perhaps you have damaged your sound system by over-driving the unit. Do you have replaceable parts.

More help might be generated if you tell us brand, model, configuration, and age of your computer equipment.

More info...

Well I have an Intel desktop board model D945GCCR. It comes with audio on board. I'm currently using Realtek High Definition software (from Intel), version 5.10.0.6106 and my PC is around 2 years old.

As a side note... As I explained, my green output plug stoped working properly. It only sent audio to the left speaker. I also noticed that when my speakers are plugged into the green output in mode "headphones" the right speaker works but with weird noises like cracks and stuff. If I select "main line" only the left speaker works.

Usually the symptom of an over-driven sound unit that has become damaged beyond repair.

Simplest solution,me thinks, is to disable the audio in your device manager, an install a new PCI or PCI-Express sound card... for as low as $12 and as high as $80... the higher the quality and the cost, the longer it will last and the better it can handle high volume audio.

Ok. It seems that the green output plug is broken, because all of the sudden it only sends audio to the left speaker. So...

1. I plugged my speakers into the blue input
2. Changed the behaviour of it to output audio, in the realtek audio manager
3. Worked fine!

But after shutting down or restaring the PC, the selected behaviour goes back to normal and I have to manually configure it from input audio to output audio.

What can I do? Please help

-edit

oops, i just rebooted and it initially sounds (the windows startup sound). but then the connector retasking reset itself.

I suspect the RTVHDCPL.exe (Realtek control panel) will reset the registry once the computer is reboot because it is in my startup list.

or, try to manually change the registry mappings:
1. For me, the mappings are saved in: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\C ontr ol\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\DevType_0888_SS147b108 3"

2. binary keys that I have identified are:
"Pin01" = rear black-coded "RR RL" jack
"Pin07" = front green-coded "headphone" jack

3. hex values identified:
"00 00 00 00" = Line-in
"01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
"02 00 00 00" = headphones
"04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
"05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
"06 00 00 00" = Center/subwoofer
"07 00 00 00" = Side speakers

For me, retasking/mapping the rear audiojack (RR RL) to front speakers was enough and all I wanted to do.

Source

I've checked the registry and it correspond to the setting that i set in Realtek control panel. but whether it resets in reboot i'm not sure.

-edit

oops, i just rebooted and it initially sounds (the windows startup sound). but then the connector retasking reset itself.
perhaps you may try disable the realtek (RTVHDCPL.exe) from startup list?

Nismo91, I have tried different driver versions and I think the green output is definitely broken. I'll try to disable that proccess. I hope it works! Right now I have my speakers connected to the front headphones plug.

Nismo91, I have tried different driver versions and I think the green output is definitely broken. I'll try to disable that proccess. I hope it works! Right now I have my speakers connected to the front headphones plug.

well i'm pretty sure the green output is broken (my last mobo too!) and drivers definitely can't fix it... anyway read my earlier post...

add: in regedit i found this:
0000\GlobalSettings\ResetAudioFgOnStart - 01 00 00 00
you may want to set it to 0 instead of 1

Wow dude thanks. Now all I have to do is find out what's the right configuration. Some keys were in some place else, but I was able to find them.

I only have 3 active pin values: pin00, pin01 and pin02

Edit:
Ok now I know what key is for every plug but even if I change them, they come back to default after restart. I didn't find the "ResetAudioFgOnStart" value, so I added it but didn't work. :(

Can you tell me the version of your Realtek drivers?

Wow dude thanks. Now all I have to do is find out what's the right configuration. Some keys were in some place else, but I was able to find them.

I only have 3 active pin values: pin00, pin01 and pin02

Edit:
Ok now I know what key is for every plug but even if I change them, they come back to default after restart. I didn't find the "ResetAudioFgOnStart" value, so I added it but didn't work. :(

Can you tell me the version of your Realtek drivers?

bad news :( i also tried the setting and it reverts back to default... well my drivers are the one came with the computer, it's dated april 2008 in regedit.. not sure exactly which version since it just said 6.01.5601

btw, i figured sth out, if i set the mic (pink) to headphone, and i don't plug any jack to it after reboot, it seems that it retain the settings. so it appears the jack sensing always reset it to default... another suggestion of mine is you try to set the sound to '5.1 surround' instead of stereo, but uncheck the rear, subwoofer and center so it remains 2.0 while retasking the other jack to headphone / front speakers

-edit: another suggestion: http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-au...k-output-reassignments-fix-12.html#post619722

same problem

i have the same problem with my realtek.

i see that this always restore the default settings to the registry or what, but is it possible to change the default settings? i think if this possible, than we need to change these and than we have no more problem.

I Just Buy A New Mother Board Which Contain Realtek HD AUDIO ALC661 Sound Card And Whenever I Reinstall Realtek HD Sound Driver My 5.1 Channel Speakers Working Fine And Whenever I Restart My Computer My 5.1 Speakers Not Working Fine Only 3 or 4 Speakers Giving Sound And Than When I Again Reinstall It Its My All Speakers Working Fine And Whenever I Restart I Face The Same Problem Again And Again And Again I Was Soooooo Tense And Yes My All Speakers Are Fine No Hardware Or Config Problem Is Here
What I Do ?? My OP IS Windows XP SP3 And I Also Update The Driver to REALTEK R2.70
BUT NO Success :((

Back