realtekAC97 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new motherboard installed K7 Triton GA-7VT600, RealtekAC'97 sound card, os WinXP. I didn't do it, so it should be right. LOL. I'm getting absolutly no sound from my speakers. I've installed new drivers, reinstalled XP, checked every setting (Bios too), computer says no problem with sound card and sound card reconizes speakers when I plug them in. They worked just fine before motherboard fried. :confused:

Just in case and I realize you said you checked every setting, but did you check the sound volume in Control Panel > Sounds?

Yes, it was checked. Nothing is muted, everything is reconized. I went thru the entire troubleshooter and everything was fine.

Okay, I had the same problem with my Pavilion. You just may be in luck though. I can't tell you exactly what all drivers you need, I just got the realtek AC'97 driver update from hp's website. I'm sure you have that already, now for the thing I did to make it work. first go to start and click on run... there you will type services.msc this will bring up a box that shows all of your local services. Scroll down and double click on Windows Audio. In the General tab, change the startup type to Automatic and click the Start button below service status. This should get everything up and working. Let me know if it works!

problem with Multimedia Audio Controller

well i accidently deleted a file name Real Audio Tek C'97 something like that, and i think that caused the problem i have (neither headphones or speakers work), i checked in Control Panel the Audio and Sound part, and it says Multimedia Audio Controller with a ! in color yellow, i double-clicked in it and it said No Device installed, but my speakers are connected and everything... my sound card is: Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

hope you guys can help me.. Thanks

reinstall all drivers for this and that shoud get back anything u deleted and should not hurt anything.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked under your sound properties, there is an advanced option that will let you choose what fields are being shown for you to edit. Select all of these fields including line in and make sure that each one relevant to sound output is not muted and is turned up.

You may also want to check and make sure that in your sound and audio options your realtek is sleected as the primary play back device. You might want to try changing this field to the default device also. To clarify that, there will be two options under this field, a default device option and your realtek option.

Are the speakers plugged in to the right jack?

santiagocc said:
how i do that? :confused:
Download the drivers from your mainboard manufacturer's site. If you don't know who the manufacturer is, check from the manual.

Alternatively, you could try "Roll Back Driver" when you doubleclick the "Multimedia Audio Controller" and select "Driver" tab in the properties window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back