Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am looking for some info and i hoope here is the best place to look!

I had a Asrock motherboard, for get the model, with a Sempron 3200+ and 2 512 sticks of DDR memory which was 4 years old. Yesterday i got fed up with the problems i was having so i went to a cheapo fair and got a ASUS K8N motherboard socked 754 i think and a AMD 64 3000+ chip and a new PC400 memory 1GB double sided DIMM. It may also be worth noting i have a Gforce 6600 AGP and a new 500W powersupply.

After i plugged everything in, the machine refused to boot off the hard drive. The 80 gig MAXTOR i have was split into 2 partitions. After the full day of trying to get around this, i ended up just deleting everything with a clean format.

However i still get the same error. The windows XP PRo is found in the CDROM drive but thats as far as i get. Once the drive is formatted, the computer restarts after copying setup files, then i get the same problems again. I cant even install a new copy of windows because it is basically saying my drive is non bootable.

Now, forgive my computer knowledge, but im guessing that i need a 64Bit version of windows to go with the 64 bit chip i got? Is this correct or should it not make a difference?

Thanks.

C

The 64-bit CPU should not be a problem. Strip the system down to failsafe or default bios, 1 stick of memory, on-board or PCI video, no USB devices, no additional network or sound cards and retry the XP install. After XP is installed you can install additional hardware and configure the bios to optimum settings...

Your hard drive may be dieing on you! It is a little early to say for sure

Thanks for your time mate.

I think your pretty much right, my hard drive is dead. I found a old 8 gig and tried it with no problems so ill just go out today an get a new one.

Thanks again,

C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back