"Recovering" from Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

scavengerspc

TechSpot Elite
Many may remember that my Daughter is a CC nurse and has been working with Covid-19 patients at UPMC in Pittsburgh.
We talked this morning and what she told me that healthcare workers are seeing and learning is just plain scary. I wrote a lot of things down and then she informed me that the information has been published. Not for the faint of heart:

A few quotes to get you started.

"I'm currently in the hospital after having a heart attack caused by clotting that resulted from COVID 19. I have a stent in my heart and need to wear a heart monitoring vest at all times. Now I face months of recovery including physical and occupational therapy. I'm only 29"

" Seems counterproductive, but the ones that are not breathing on the ventilator have to lay flat on their stomachs to breathe better. And even some on the ventilator are on their stomachs. And the slightest turn for some is what leads to their almost immediate death. Bathing, cleaning and turning to prevent skin breakdown causes most to code blue, so a decision has to be made on which is most important".

Take precautions and care people because there is now a good chance that the worst is coming.

Last edited:
Trump continued his usual pattern of making things much worse:

While at the same time doing the one thing he is good at, making things seem "not so bad" by lying and pretending:

And last, the brilliance of Arizona's Governor, who blindly opened up the state in mid-May because "it’s safe out there" has led to an infection rate that is double the rate of Texas and is 34% higher than the second-highest state Florida and is triple the US average. They have reached per day levels that surpass New York and California.

Last edited:
At the time of this trouble, we will have to fight from covid-19, we will have to take the best diet, increase the immunity power of our body, God give you courage and strength. And you should get well soon.

At the time of this trouble, we will have to fight from covid-19, we will have to take the best diet, increase the immunity power of our body, God give you courage and strength. And you should get well soon.

I mean you (or anyone else) no disrespect but I am thinking God is sitting this one out.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear that mate, wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.
From the other side of the pond, the US looks like a black mirror, we have lots and lots of issues with our COVID-19 response, but over there it seems the US takes all our issues and just adds 1 to them.

Brian Kemp is the Governor of Georgia and is also the poster child for poor decisions, lack of knowledge, and general lack of interest in the facts behind Covid-19.

His most recent decision though is baffling to even the most ignorant of his and trumps base. With mask mandates becoming more and more popular, Kemp has gone a different way.

How about that. Georgia has banned requiring masks. I'm sure this will never hold up inside of private business but this will add to the risk in a state already overcome with bad choices and incompetence.

An update on infections:

BB16W2ui.img

Yeah, I am just totally surprised at how the CoVid19 situation is going down in the USA.
The richest country in the world with so many resources. Its kind of shocking.
Lack of leadership? Distrust in medical science?

Good luck to you and your family. Stay safe.

Lack of leadership?
Absolutely, but believe it or not, it does not all fall on trumps lap. We have some states with even less common sense than him.
Distrust in medical science?
Yes and not coincidentally the states that seem to have the most obvious lack of trust in the science are also the ones that are crippling the recovery of America as a whole with enormous case explosions.
Good luck to you and your family. Stay safe.
Thanks same to you and yours although I think we will be needing our luck to extend to mid-January minimum.

Well, Louie Gohmert has tested positive for Covid-19.
I do not want him to die. I don't want him to get sick.

But the irony is dripping so hard there is a puddle on the floor.

In the past I wonder how many times people would have tested positive for something. Yet life went on as if no one had anything. I understand preventive maintenance. But this BS has been going on for far too long. When you slow the spread of a virus. Ask yourself if you are staging the epidemic for multiple relapses. There is no preventive maintenance, not with a pathetic sock mask. People will either survive the epidemic when they finally catch it or they will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back