Replaced motherboard, now processor slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinto

Hello everyone. I come here today with needed assistance regarding my slow processor and sluggish HD video playback. Techspot forums has helped me in the past and I appreciate it greatly.

You see about several months ago my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo went dead on me. Soon after I ordered a used replacement board off Ebay. The replacement board I ordered is the same make and model as my previous board. I installed the new mobo and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP onto a brand new hard drive, then installed all appropriate drivers (at least I hope all of them). After taking care of most duty's accompanied with installing a fresh OS I soon began to realize that my computer that once played HD video flawlessly began to chug unbearably. I also seem to notice that the CPU was constantly strained.

I've been pulling my hair trying to figure out what could be the problem. Is it my replacement mobo? Did I fail to install ALL necessary drivers? Or is it something else entirely? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciat

Jinto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back