Router Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple months ago , My computer just randomly wouldnt recognize my router anymore , so i did what any1 would , bought a new router and wires ...

Heres where it gets weird ... When I plug my computer straight into the modem ... no router involved , everything is good , The internet connection light on the back is green and everything is fine ...

But when I plug it into the router , my computer is not recognized , the green light in the back is not on , the little light on the router does not show up as anything is plugged in and I have no connection .

Altho , My brothers computer works just fine with the router and everything is recognizable ?????

Any1 have a clue what this is about ?

Any help is appreciated ... Thanks

No, I know any1 well, and she would not go and spend $100 without first making sure that the problem is not a loose wire or some stupid tick box..

Now, since the link light is not turning on, we can be sure that the problem is at the hardware level.

First, try connecting your computer using the same cable as your brother and plug the thing into the same port on the router.

Second, look over the link speed and duplex setting for your network card. (In the NIC's properties in Device Manager or example). Instead of the "Auto 1000" or similar that you probably have there, try 10/100 autonegotiation or set it manually to 100 and full duplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back