Running Red Alert 2 on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-
My brother just recently purchased a red alert pack (includes RA 2, Yuri, T Sun, renegade etc) and we can't get Red Alert 2 to run.

It installed without any issues, only when you open the program you get a black screen for a second, and then you are returned to windows as if nothing has happened- no explanation, no window pops up.

I have tried every possible combination of compatibility setting, I have downloaded and installed the latest update patch, and still exactly the same thing every time.

I was really looking forward to some nostalgia with Red Alert- can anyone help me????

Cheers,

Matt.

I dont think that Red alert 2 is compatible with Win XP it's an old game, try running the program compatibilty Wizard found under Start/All programs/ Accessories it may work although I wouldn't be suprised if that doesn't as that util doesn't seem to do anything for getting old programs to work. The only way i have managed to get most of my old games to work was to duel boot XP with Win98 and run the games from Win 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back