Runtime error: Floating point support not loaded Windows XP

ok so i know there is another thread just like this but i noticed that it is for vista and thats it was locked.Im running windiws XP Professional Sp2.i have same problem as the guy before me had error 6002 Floating point support not loaded.i have also seen in previous thread that someone mentioned Microsoft visual studio (i guess thats MS visual C++).i am running MS visual and getting same error for multiple applications.some of them wont even give me the error they just do nothing.

sorry for bothering all of you but this is kinda my last resort.

Troubleshooting steps:
1, the process to terminate the problem.
2, install the updated patch to upgrade to the latest version or reinstall the software. 3, contact the software author / developer.
4, scan for viruses.
5, reinstall the operating system.
6, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Hello R2,

i am running MS visual and getting same error for multiple applications.some of them wont even give me the error they just do nothing.

What are those other applications? And which version of Visual Studio you are using?

Is your OS is updated to SP3 + latest security /windows updates?

Since when this error started?

Please note that generally Run Time errors occurs due to non-compatibility.

Have you looked into your system's event viewer logs? Check the Application logs, there might be some clues there.

Please also give complete system specs of your PC. Regards

Edit:
Can you please login with a different user name/password, and then try to launch program(s) which are giving this error, and see whether this changes anything?

ok so i found the problem.Or at least part of it.HCKEY_USSER/software...something.so it appears that my disk has some errors...what would you guys suggest?i cant delete it(that just would not be smart) and my antivirus software(avira) says that it is infected but only possible command is Ignore.

Or at least part of it.HCKEY_USSER/software...something.so it appears that my disk has some errors

It is more likely that there are some registry values which are corrupt. Have you tried to login with a different user and see whether it fixes the issue?

Also it would be good idea to start a thread with regard to that Avast infection warning in the Virus and Malware removal forum by following these steps.

i have no other users on this Pc.i'm logged in as administrator.
i will try CCleaner.

also i solved problem regarding antivirus infection.or rather it solved it self.

when i try with CCleaner il post results.

I've reinstalled ms visual c++, updated to Sp3, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and scant whole PC with Avira Premium.

SUPERAntiSpyware fixed problem with antivirus blocking.

So my system is now clean and working.

Hope this helps other people with this problem.

Ty all for your help.

Back