Sandisk micro cruzer huuugge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I borrowed a sandisk usb storage (what ever it is called) from my husband. It has some files saved in it. It was working fine, I had copied and pasted some pictures and videos from my laptop to this mini device. Suddenly, there was an error saying that the transfer is not complete so I clicked okay. I checked on it and there are some pictures that were transferred successfully, although not all of them. Anyways, when I used it to the other laptop where I am planning to work on the pictures, I can not open it anymore, saying that I needed to format it before I can use it. I thought maybe it was just my laptop so i went back to the other laptop where i originally took the files from and it says the same thing. Now I can not open it or view files whatsoever...and it is not mine...hellppppp, what could have i done wrong, how can i recover those files. thank you for your help

did you STOP the drive before removing it?
NEVER hot swap. ALWAYS stop flash drives before removing them.

If not, your data is corrupt. Also flash drives should NOT be used for essential data that is NOT backed up. Flash drives by their very nature are volatile.

You can download file recovery programs to try and recover some of your data - it may or may not be possible to recover all or some of it. The longer you wait and the more the stick gets written to - the less of a chance you will get your stuff back.

try recuva: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...KBl_ll4kNIi6DgWYw&sig2=cdS6gos2uLlOXacW7JfXSg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back