Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Nitro+ Review

So far, it still looks like the 3090 is better on Power consumption and performance - although the price is higher.

In any case... I'd like to see the difference between the two BIOS modes. I hope this will be tested.
Steve tested it the Default BIOS mode - when switched to Silent, the clocks are decreased (Base, Game, and Boost) by around 3~4% and the power limit is dropped to something like 260W, compared to the default 290W. Note that the limit is just the value at which the GPU will decrease clocks at, if it hasn't already reached a thermal limit.

Im interest in total power draw,would 80+ gold rated 650w be enough for this one paired with 5800x?On stock,nothing OC.

Im interest in total power draw,would 80+ gold rated 650w be enough for this one paired with 5800x?On stock,nothing OC.
This calculator puts you at just under 550w with that card and cpu, depending on memory and storage, of course. So you should be OK ... but little room to add additional peripherals.

Waiting for the Pulse 5800/XT to be released and reviewed. The Pulse 5600XT is tied for the nicest video card I've owned (with the 1060 Gaming X) and it was merely $10 over the stock price.

Thanks - I won't buy this - but quite impressed with OC performance to ref.
Doesn't the charts need to show Ref. OC'd as well

I'm impressed with my current Sapphire 5700XT. Will upgrade to this Sapphire 6800XT when the time comes.
Even the reference AMD 6800XT is also good enough.

Either way, they won't get a single cent above the MSRP from me, for those f-king 'scalpers'. Don't mind waiting. I have other games to play and finish with my current 5700XT anyway.

Damn I'll need to install another few solar panels to run this, that power consumption is not great. And yes I do worry because Australia has the highest cost electricity in the world.

Looks great but with how few AIB models made it to reviewer, supply looks to be shitty as well. That's why I just bought an RTX 3070 close to MSRP because that's literally the only thing in stock apart from super expensive RTX 3090. RTX 3080, RX 6800 and RX 6800XT all OOS. Will wait for next gen.

Will this be updated to mention the now known MSRP? I think it is pretty important to add at least a note at the end of the review mentioning/discussing what was said about this in the Red Devil HUB video.

Nice review, as always. As formidable as the performance figures are, I am most impressed by the card's 9w idle power draw. Truly phenomenal, and a real selling point for those who spend only a fraction of their time gaming.
Then why are you buying an $800 graphics card if you're spending a fraction of your time gaming?

The AIB prices on AMD cards are criminal. $150 over MSRP on average. They actually found a way for nvidia to take the price/performance crown.

Then why are you buying an $800 graphics card if you're spending a fraction of your time gaming?
Because, when I do play a game, I want it to work well? Is that a serious question?

In any case, I don't plan to spend $800. I'll buy the reference 6800xt when it becomes available...unless I again fall under NVidia's evil spell before then.

...unless I again fall under NVidia's evil spell before then.

In order to defeat the spell, you will require the heart of a Florida alligator (accept no substitutes), the fang of a rattle snake (place of birth irrelevant), two dragonfly wings, vinegar, and three quail egg whites.

Back