Security Toolbar 7.1 Virus Removal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have seen some partial threads where I believe Howard_Hopkinso and Rik have helped others remove a virus that shows up as a Security Toolbar 7.1 on IE and does all kinds of other nasty stuff (or similar viruses).

Well I did not get to see the whole post, only part of it, and I am new to this site, so I am learning how to get around here.

In any event, I have quite a mess going, and it sounds like they have had some sucess at removing this virus, and I would like to figure out how to get a post to them.

I ask about this because I am having trouble getting it out of my system and it is the first time I have ever had an issue with this kind of stuff; therefore, I am not sure if it will cause serious issues with my files, e-mail, passwords, etc. I have no idea if it is that type of a virus. I tried to use a couple different tools yesterday, but for some reason after downloading these tools, I was not even able to run them...getting worried.

By the grace of god, does anyone have some proven or verifyable success with removing this virus? If so, can you PLEASE help?

Thank you soo much, in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of rainman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back