Serious over clocking problem... Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

czplayer

O.k. so several months ago I bought a new gpu and recently this week I over clocked it's core clock and memory to minimum settings allowed. (Stupid idea I know.) Now after few seconds after I log onto my account the screen gets all distorted and I cannot use any commands. System Restore didn't work however this problem did not occur in safe mode. The gpu I bought was an Nvidia GeForce 6200 oc 256mb pci for a good 120$+tax with 6 percent tax rate :p I highly recommend not to buy this card as it's very low quality.(Can barely keep a flat 30 fps with Counter Strike.) Anyways back to the problem at hand. So I go to nvidia customer support and they reply and they seemed to wanna help and they were nice when all of a sudden my case was dropped and they didn't wanna deal with it anymore. They asked for a bit of info before they gave up on me so here it is.

Motherboard: Intel Corporation D845GVSR AAC54560-203
Nvidia Nforce Compatible: No
Gpu tune application: Nvidia Ntune

Any help at all on this matter would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Eric

P.S. I would really not like to revert back to my integrated chip.

You will most likely have to return to the basic settings for the board, and start over, then perhaps replace the drivers for the 6200 as the easiest way to deal with that issue. Then start over with a more conservative setup initially.
Usually, nVidia does not drop a support case unless the user is unwilling to follow their guidance, or is argumentative or abusive. We have always found them very helpful.

I was being prompt and following directions but they didn't wanna deal with me anymore.. So how do I reset my motherboard. Oh yeah my gpu is uninstalled at the moment.

Try this: Go into safe mode again and run the NTune program that you used, but this time set the clock speeds back to stock settings.

Go in to safe mode uninstall ntune. your gpu should revert back to normal. You are using a software program to set your gpu settings. Riva is a much better program for the gpu settings. What drivers do you have installed?

just try and to a clean install of the os and clear the cmos that should do the trick hopefully. other i think u may need to do a rma.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back