severe issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

hope there is someone who can help.....

Background....

Ran out of room for my downloads on my hd and decided to buy an extra hd......was running an amd computer (athlon xp 2000+ with Asus A7A266)
...decided to go RAID and bought a pci controller, cable, and power adapter with it.....set it up and ran great as second drive, but I wanted to make use of the faster RAID speeds as my main drive. Used Seagate's DiscWizard to switch the drives.....then I think I made my mistake....I noticed some files still on the old drive and decided to delete them....windows began crashing ><......

I then decided to remove the new drive and do a format/reinstall of winxp sp2 on the old drive and just set the new drive back up as a RAID Slave.....Windows has not installed since....keep getting BSOD with various errors....have had kernel errors and have run memtest with no errors......have had some errors (which i followed up on various posts and have been informed that i either have a memory problem or bios settings incorrect).....memtest was fine, and i checked my bios for the correct settings.....even flashed the bios to the newest version and reset bios settings to the appropriate values.....my vid card (radeon 8500 LE AGP) is showing up as a PCI VGA card when i run a biosagent type scan....and windows will not install ....my most recent bsod shows page fault in nonpaged area...STOP: 0x00000050 (0x0AA51B55, 0x00000000, 0xaa516b55, 0x00000000)....have removed all hardware, blown off with aeroduster reinstalled verifying that all was seated properly...ne1 have ne ideas for me? It's been over a week.....never had a problem i couldn't seem to fix or at least diagnose....this is killing me.......!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back