Shards of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoHopeSoldier

I cant seem to figure out what this could be so any help will be great.
When I try playing most of my games, the video starts breaking up from the center of the screen and when it does it looks like shards of broken glass. I have been able to play all of these games with no problems in the past, all of my drivers are up to date. I dont have any other issues except for games. Anyone got any ideas?

Visual artefacts are normally the result of overheating, are all your fans ok? Have you got sufficient cooling in the case?

Alex.

there fine now but it has been overheated in the past. Do you think that the overheating in the past could have something to do with it? and what would be causing the problem. What are Visual artefacts?

Without any specs posted about your comp everyone would just be guessing - post 'em!

oops sorry I forgot them.

XP SVP 3
AMD athlon 64 3200+
2 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6800
full update on everything
power source is good

I think thats everything let me know if there is anything else

What's the temp on the 6800?

You can get that from several sources - personally, I like Everest under Computer-Sensor.

Oh yeah -is the gpu fan spinning? Ever cleaned it out, ie, dust bunnies?

If that is idle it is HOT - I run a 6800 GT OC and idle is 48C.

Is the fan turning? When you stop the comp, have a close look (don't fry your head) at the fan and check for dust/crud buildup. If really cruddy, disassemly and cleaning is a good thing (or at least try the compressed air blow-out option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back