kyleb05

hey everyone
i was looking at the PhysX card from BFG/AGEIA and it sounds pretty sweet
i was wondering if alot of of the gamers on this site have 1 or not
and if its worth buying and could somebody please provide me with
a list of games so i know what I am getting myself into here
somebody please inform of the pros and cons
thanks 4 your help everybody

You can take a look on the Ageia PhysX website to know which games work with it. Most of the reviews I've read indicate that when you turn on the extra physics in games you get a noticeable performance hit. To me that is disappointing since the whole purpose of the card was to add more realistic physics to games without a performance as the card would provide more processing power to avoid such a hit. I have to say I'm unimpressed.

Unreal Tournament 3 will support the ageia phys x card so my plan is to wait and see what reviews say about the expirience with the use of it. If the reviews say it does alot for the game then I'll get it because UT3 is gonna be huge and if the card does alot for it then other developers and the industry in general will take the card more seriously. So basicly what I'm saying is that it would be wise to wait because as it stands now there aren't many games taking advantage of it. Developmentaly the tech is very immature from a software standpoint in regards to support and implementation.

There is hardly any games that uses the physx card so don't bother for it now just stick with directx 10, 8800 series video card.

Didou said:
Most of the reviews I've read indicate that when you turn on the extra physics in games you get a noticeable performance hit. To me that is disappointing since the whole purpose of the card was to add more realistic physics to games without a performance as the card would provide more processing power to avoid such a hit.
That's because there are more objects around for the graphics card to draw.

I'd probably get one if I had a free PCI slot.

Until it's widely used, I would say no....because when it is widely used ,the price will come down :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back