Should i keep xp or get vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

Hello.. Im a gamer and im just asking if i should keep xp to play all my games or get vista... ive been hearing that vista is rubbish 4 fps and xp is alot better for gaming... Can anyone clarify this?

Also does anyone know When sp1 comes out for vista????

Apparently, Vista`s sp1 won`t be out until next year.

If you`re quite happy with XP, which most folks are at the moment, then stick with it.

Bear in mind that sooner or later, we`re all going to end up running Vista. However, I personally don`t think that now is the right time.

Regards Howard :)

Do you have a video card that can just barely handle the games you are playing? You are going to get a less than 10% performance drop with Vista compared to XP, and lots of patches have came out since Vista was released to deal with speed issues.

The only problem I noticed in Vista vs XP for gaming is I was playing the C&C3 demo just barely at 1680x1050 in XP, then I moved to Vista and I couldn't play it, too slow.

graphics card i have can play most games with maxed settings......... welll time sp1 comes out for vista the new o/s windows vienna will be out lol

32 bit of vista is better IMO than 64, just because 64 will not let you install any unsigned drivers. Gaming in Vista is slower than XP, because of more background processes running. If you are going to upgrade to vista, research all of your hardware, HDD and RAID, Video card drivers (don't feed them beta >.<), sound card, and motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back