Sims 2 Error: Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just installed Sims 2 on an older system that my grandpa gave me, but with a brand new monitor and I know nothing about graphics cards. I keep getting an error saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!"

I would just go in and try to auto update my drivers, but I don't have internet access on that computer--I have to download things from another computer and transfer them over on flash drive or DVD. I have a Dell Dimension L700cx and I believe the graphics card is an Intel 82810E Graphics Controller. My moniter is an HP w17e if that makes any difference.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you!

If the graphics card is an Intel 82810E Graphics Controller u do not have DirectX 9.0c, the only way for u to play games is to get a video card.

Goodluck

nickc said:
If the graphics card is an Intel 82810E Graphics Controller u do not have DirectX 9.0c, the only way for u to play games is to get a video card.

Goodluck

I ran dxdiag and it told me that I did have DirectX 9.0c -- was it incorrect? Or is simply that there is no way to make an Intel 82810E Graphics Controller compatible with DirectX 9.0c?

The system is telling you that you have a video card that is unsupported by the sims 2. Simply put, the sims 2 wont work with your video card. Your video card doesn't have the stuff to run the sims 2. You may have DX9 but you dont have a DX9-SUPPORTED video card.

Hi, well i am getting that same message but all my cards and memorys in one little box thing in my monitor and when i asked about installing video card they said they couldnt. is there anything else i can do ??

i got a
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

I am also having same problem

Intel 82815 graphics controller om my daughters HP. Saying graphics card isn't directx 9.c compatible. My question is is there such a video card out there on the market that will fix this issue in a PCI platform?

Sims 2 on XP downgraded from Vista on Acer Aspire 3680-2682

I'm having the same error, my graphics card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 and I just installed the 945 chipset(the only compatible chipset for the graphics Accel). The Intel website says that it is compatible with DirectX9, and I have DirectX 10 installed, but it still gives me the very same error message that you guys are talking about. If anybody has an answer for me you can contact me by posting back, or on Yahoo messenger at TheDJTronix@yahoo.com but I don't read my email so dont email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back