Sims 2 says I don't have DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter?

Except that I do....I've read previous threads on here and have gone to the microsoft website and downloaded the current DirectX. I've had Sims2 on here before but have had to have my hard drive replaced recently.

Here are my details: I have a Sony Vaio, model number VGN-CS110E

I have Windows Vista Microsoft Home Premium service pack 2
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00 GHz
32 bit operating system
3.00 GB RAM

I am so confused! I can't "update" my graphics driver on Intel's website because it is product specific or something but I've got an Intel Graphics Driver version 7.15.10.1511

Help :( Please

You aren't reading the error message correctly. It is saying the graphics adapter isn't compatible. In your case it is the Intel integrated graphics that isn't compatible. Since it is built-in to your laptop as dustin_ds3000 said, you can't do anything but buy another one with a compatible graphics adapter or graphics card.

I'm having the same problem. But I know my computer can run this game. I got an analysis from systemrequirmentslab.com and it said I could run this game. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that I'm playing off an EP that is a torrent? I mounted it and everything.

Jessica, please do not hijack Elie's thread. Although you may have a similar problem, there are many variables that are different and trying to answer two different posters in the same thread can create confusion in the thread. Also, you already have a thread started on your problem. Please do not start duplicates. Lastly, TechSpot does not support warez.

Back