Slow speeds on my Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD

My problem is getting slow speeds on the NVMe disk. max read speeds is 850MB/s and max Write speeds is 780MB/s. Its suppose to be 2200 read and 900 write speeds. However, only when I put the pc in sleep mode and then wake it back up. I actually get full speeds. I have tried everything; reinstalling driver (samsung NVMe 1.1). reinstalling disk. updated to newest bios etc. I have seen on some forums to disable intel speedstep but that didnt work either. I have checked on Samsung magician and it is running on full PCIe x4. Very annoying to have to put it to sleep and wake it again everytime I start it up to get the full speeds. Thanks in advance for any help.

I Have windows 10 64bit on this on and it is my boot drive.
other pc specs:

Asrock Z170 Extreme 4
Intel Core i7 6700k
HyperX Fury 2666Mhz 16GB 4x4
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980TI
Two other HyperX 3K SSD's

Also I have a corsair hx750i psu. Because of the difference in speed after sleep and wake up it may have to do with power delivery and or power saving etc im not sure.

Hello, did you make any progress on this? I have a Gigabyte Z170-WIFI and the Samsung 950 Pro and am having the exact same problem you are. Write speeds are fantastic, but read speeds are way too low, especially random read. I tried putting the machine to sleep and waking it up after your post, and was shocked that as soon as the machine wakes up the problem goes away! But only for 30 seconds or so and it's back to slow read speeds. Seems like an issue with the power management, etc for sure. I'm guessing we are going to have to wait for a software/firmware update? I've tried a number of different things and am using all the latest drivers, as well as the Samsung NMVe driver and nothing has worked.

Back