smitfraud-c.toolbar88 HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok long im not gonna waste ur time with babling. im a 16 year old avid computer user, i'm usually pretty good about keeping my computer clean, u know the whole watching wat i get in msn messenger, email etc. scan my computer every week, and antispyware bi-weekly. i somehow managed to get this smitfraud bug. i can't seem to get rid of it, ive used spybot, norton antivirus, and a whole wack of free programs and i have also attempted (with no results) to follow many of the guides to removing it on the net... i guess i need a bit of personal attention here. so please HELP!!! i tried all the tools on UBCD4WIN and i just cant get rid of it, and im pretty sure it isnt a false positive cause norton keeps telling me its blocking trojans and stuff from getting into my system. so please HELP!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of soccer_freak_25 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back