Something is hogging up my bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

inflames989

Something is hogging up my bandwidth -HJT Log

I have no idea what's doing it...I've cleared all spyware and done trojan scans. I followed the tutorial on how to remove coolwwwsearch etc. exactly, but something is still hogging up my internet. I have sysmetrix on my desktop, and its showing a lot of internet going in and out that is uncalled for. I have trojanhunter 4.0, AVG 7, Kerio Personal Firewall, spybot s&d, ad-aware, and spywareblaster. Heres my log file, tell me what I should fix.

Attachments

• hijackthislog.txt
    15 KB · Views: 5
Kerio shows you all active network connections and the bandwidth they use along with the program responsible.

Just open up Kerio and look at the status screen.

Get rid of Avant Browser. It is only IE with a pretty dress. It is just as holey and dangerous as IE.
Go to www.getfirefox.com and install Firefox. Use IE strictly for Windows-updates and nothing else!
Your amount of Context menus is absolutely crazy!

I don't know what this is. Unless YOU do, get rid of it.
C:\Program Files\Q3E Minimizer\Q3E Minimizer_v1.45.EXE

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.
Next, open Windows Task Manager.

On Windows 95/98/ME, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
On Windows NT/2000/XP, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there), click End Process for:
Q3E Minimizer_v1.45.EXE (optional)
app129.tmp
Ssk.exe
PowerReg Scheduler.exe

Next, Click on Start/Run and type in the following:
regsvr32 /u naxy.dll <<== and press OK
regsvr32 /u PeDev.dll <<== and press OK

Next, try to UNinstall anything to do with (not delete yet!):
C:\Program Files\Q3E Minimizer\Q3E Minimizer_v1.45.EXE (optional)
C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
C:\Program Files\PeDevice\PeDev.dll

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
C:\Program Files\Q3E Minimizer\Q3E Minimizer_v1.45.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\SskBho.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {337743A6-8936-A1C3-69B0-F40DF3FFA298} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\naxy.dll
O2 - BHO: PEDEV_IEListener Class - {E1412445-4FF8-410e-8D24-F2CF86B171A4} - C:\Program Files\PeDevice\PeDev.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sman] C:\DOCUME~1\Austin\LOCALS~1\Temp\app129.tmp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 3] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 3\Ssk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Q3E Minimizer v1.45] C:\Program Files\Q3E Minimizer\Q3E Minimizer_v1.45.EXE
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

haha, yeah. Those are all plugins for when I used Avant, but i've been using firefox for quite some time (just never uninstalled avant.)

Q3E minimizer is just a minimizer meant for games running on the quake3 engine which wont allow you to alt-tab out. nothing harmful ;)

EDIT: actually, now that i look at it....avant is uninstalled. weird.

EDIT: that seems to have fixed the problem (well at least theres less bandwidth being used now) thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back