Something keeps downloading to my computer, eating my bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only allowed 200 (and some odd) MB's per 24 hours. I have Netmeter running because I keep going over my alloted MB's in an hours time. Net meter shows I am using 120-228 KB/s. Thanks for ANY help you can provide. Oh, I have ran my antivirus, Avast and it hasn't caught it.

Here is my log...

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
No application guarantees 100% coverage, but the HJT is normal. Malware has not been detected.

The 'Storage & networking' forum may be better suited to answer this question. The 200 MB/day limit seems very stingy now that web sites push loads of graphics at you.

You can easily detect what and from where your system is downloading without your consent here are few ceveni.com/2009/06/how-to-monitor-computer-on-where-data.html you can use and between if system is downloading something it might not be downloading it might be uploading... do check on it dont neglect

very good anti spyware software is yahoo and computer associates anti-spy available as a free download from Yahoo, it has caught quite a few things my regular software has not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back