Sound Problem Realtek AC97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi People

Ive just built a computer and installed all drivers off the cd. I attached my speakers to the line out on the back of the pc and no sound. All settings were correct, speakers were attacched, all volume was up, sound enabled in the bios etc. I then attached my stereo spekers and they worked. There is this program called Sound Effects manager that has been installed with the drivers for the sound and when i insert my speakers to the line out and change the speaker config to 2 channel mode it says speakers are front speakers but then no sound comes out. When i put speakers in line in and change speaker config to 4 channel mode it changes speakers to rear speakers and i get sound but you have to put your ear to the speaker as its very very quiet. To hear sound from my stereo speakers f(attached by a cable that runs from pc to aux on back of stereo) i attach cable to line in and 4 channel mode and hear sound fine. Ive been on realtek site and downloaded drivers incase ones on cd were older and still nothin has changed. Ive been in sound properties in control panel and performed a test of hardware and it says everything is working. Can anybody help me hear please ive looked at other forums to see if anyone has had same problem and similiar ones are reported but replies just ask to check setings but ive done that already in bios and device manager and everything is good. Ive installed directx 9 because when i installed the driver it said that directx 8 would be required to use advanced features but as directx 9 is the new version i dont know where i could obtain Directx 8 don't know if that could be part of the problem doubt it though. Anyway many thanks for all who read and attempt to help me.

Louise :)

Welcome toTechspot !
It is always good to fill in your hardware spec/OS in your profile ,You will get better answers quicker.
First I would attach the speakers to the proper speaker out socket of your Mb. Since you have confirmed your speakers work , and make sure the wires if unsheilded ,do not travel too close too powerlines etc.
Direct x has it's own Diagnostic ,type' dxdiag.exe'(not quotation mark) in you run box > enter.
I do not know which windows you have nor if your system can support Dx9 ,but it is backwards compatible with most systems.
Anyway try that dianostic.Let us know what happens.

Same Problem

louise15uk said:
Hi People

Ive just built a computer and installed all drivers off the cd. I attached my speakers to the line out on the back of the pc and no sound. All settings were correct, speakers were attacched, all volume was up, sound enabled in the bios etc. I then attached my stereo spekers and they worked. There is this program called Sound Effects manager that has been installed with the drivers for the sound and when i insert my speakers to the line out and change the speaker config to 2 channel mode it says speakers are front speakers but then no sound comes out. When i put speakers in line in and change speaker config to 4 channel mode it changes speakers to rear speakers and i get sound but you have to put your ear to the speaker as its very very quiet. To hear sound from my stereo speakers f(attached by a cable that runs from pc to aux on back of stereo) i attach cable to line in and 4 channel mode and hear sound fine. Ive been on realtek site and downloaded drivers incase ones on cd were older and still nothin has changed. Ive been in sound properties in control panel and performed a test of hardware and it says everything is working. Can anybody help me hear please ive looked at other forums to see if anyone has had same problem and similiar ones are reported but replies just ask to check setings but ive done that already in bios and device manager and everything is good. Ive installed directx 9 because when i installed the driver it said that directx 8 would be required to use advanced features but as directx 9 is the new version i dont know where i could obtain Directx 8 don't know if that could be part of the problem doubt it though. Anyway many thanks for all who read and attempt to help me.

From Link: yup i have the same problem but there might be away to get around it. i dont know how to fix it but i used an old sound blaster i ripped out of a friends comp. works great now. might want to try that

Re No Sound

Do you know if your girl friend reinstalled xp with any xtra hardware still hooked to the pc. If she did, There is a very good chance this would be the problem. Not talking about the keyboard or mouse but the modem and or printer will cause this. Not always but it is very common to lose sound if you reinstall with all your xtras still plugged in.... Check that.. I be 90% sure thats what happened. Macdf2
http://www.xmdf2.com

realtek ac97 very quiet problem

I had the same problem, sound was very quiet on the speakers. it got fixed when i downloaded via vinyl audio codev v. 660b from realtek homepages driver section and installed. it might also be vital to first remove old realtek driver from device manager andor add/remove programs.

Must install motherboard drivers,, which will install onboard audio driver,

Also make sure onboard audio is enabled in bios,,

gl,

AC97 problem

Hi guys I have come across the same problem my AC97 has alo gone really quiet checked bios settiings, connections etc new drivers but no luck. When I plug speakers in I get the AC97 configuration box and when the green progress bar goes to 100% the music is loud at its correct level for about a second then quiet again, please look at screen shot of it

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 22
Problem with headsets

Hi,
I have a similar problem. My headsets do not produce any sound when pluging them to my comp. Checked all the set-ups , the mic is working fine but I cannot hear any sound !
Any suggestion ?

yet more AC'97 probs. up until a week ago, all was fine, then without warning, i can no longer tick the tabs in the winddows audio mixer controlls to turn on th front/center/rear/subwoofer... updated drivers, and in fack installed a completley new hardrive, and still the problem persists, its driving me crazy, is it something simple ive missed? any ideas? anybody? im pretty sure its a hardwar prob, tho really, after a complete re-install everything should work?

its really really frustrating me now...

Did you all update the force Chipset drivers update for the MOBO? I did that and then updated the sound drivers for the onboard audio my problems gone. out the 4 I've built one was acting up with the audio, drove me well don't want to say. Anyway working better..

just tried that, and sir you are a star cos it worked!! although it's forcing me to use ther nforce mixer, which to be honest im finding easier to use and mor controllable than the windows one, i can now at least listen to music properly!!

cheers dude x

i am having the same problem

i am not good at computer so yea
anyone wanna give me easy details of what you are supposed to do

and what is that force Chipset drivers update for the MOBO?

Sound blaster audigy at wal-mart 20 bucks! *looks away* 24 bit sound........ excellent game performance and windows compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back