Speakers/Headphones not working on laptop

OhaiyoUA

My headphones and speakers won't work at all, I tried everything, I even contacted Acer technical support, and there was nothing else to do. I tried resetting the laptop, but it wont reset at all. Is there anything else I can do?

Need more detail. Laptop model? OS? Speakers attached how? Headphones attached to what? Did they previously work? What happened just before and just after they stopped working?

Do you have the manual? Did you check what the manual says?

Need more detail. Laptop model? OS? Speakers attached how? Headphones attached to what? Did they previously work? What happened just before and just after they stopped working?

Do you have the manual? Did you check what the manual says?
The Laptop is an Acer Aspire One 1-431, Operating System is Windows 10, and the speakers are internal, the headphones plugged into the audio jack, and they did previously work, before it happened there was a loud scratchy sound, after it no sound came out.

Loud scratchy sound - wonder if something overloaded the sound chip or its regulated supply...

Looks like it may still be under warranty...check your warranty status ASAP....keep pestering Acer support if it is.

Last edited:
Back