Spontaneous Error code 000000ea

Status
Not open for further replies.

animestan

Pre-existing problem here: techspot.com/vb/topic137608.html
Basically that problem is my pc freezing up and restarting.

Oone occasion, after the restart of my pc I started doing what I regularly do. After I was done, I shut it down.

Next morning, I turn on my pc, boot up and everything was fine, but I recieved an additional dialog box saying my pc has recovered from a serious error (dont know why it came up, and if it should come up, shouldnt it have come up after the auto restart ?)
Heres the log in event viewer.

Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003

Error code 000000ea, parameter1 88568b30, parameter2 89269208, parameter3 8907f110, parameter4 00000001.

In bytes:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 65 000000e
0020: 61 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d a Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 38 38 eters 88
0030: 35 36 38 62 33 30 2c 20 568b30,
0038: 38 39 32 36 39 32 30 38 89269208
0040: 2c 20 38 39 30 37 66 31 , 8907f1
0048: 31 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 10, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 31 0001

Any solutions?
Thanks

A little more information would be helpful.
Like your system specs... and OS.
In short, it looks like it is probably a video driver issue, and you may find it helpful to update your drivers.
I would suggest trying these for your drivers...
1. Windows update service, doing a manual update, checking for your optional vs high priority updates.
2. The maker of your computer, if it is onboard graphics.
3. The maker of your graphix adapter, if it is a video card.
I would not suggest websites like driver detective.
They are sometimes worse than useless, really messing up your system.

If these do not help, try re-posting - with
your system specs, and also
a zip of say (up to) five of your most recent minidumps.

Probably Route44 or one of the others will be able to help you, when you supply this information.

Specs:
Quad Core 2 Q9450
4gb kingston (3.2 recognized in win XP SP2)
Win Xp Sp2
500 GB HDD
Nvidia GTS 250 512mb

I've already updated all availible updates for hardware, I've selected a few windows update to install too. I've also tried rolling back some drivers.

Thanks

*I"m not a tecchie or anything but the dump may conatin info about another recent error I get every now and again. Its the problem where my pc freezes during shutdown at the "saving your settings" screen. I've already used msconfig and enabled windows apps only and I'm using UPHclean currently (which launches succesfully during start up everyday) but every now and again (once in 1 week) it would still freeze there

Three of your errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware but on occasion can be caused by drivers.

All three pointed to the driver mcdbus.sys and it belongs to the MagicISO software. Many people have issues with this product and particularly this driver. See this link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagicISO

Also, in your first post you listed error 0xEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Couple this with your error 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited is the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thanks for your reply. But I have a question
1. How do I properly uninstall my card? Do I just go to device manager > display > right click my card and click uninstall? Then after that do I reboot and run driver sweeper in safe mode?

You shoulkd be able to find your Nvidia video card under Programs that is found in your Start button. Uninstall and then reboot into Safe Mode. Use Driver Sweeper - or whatever you choose - in safe Mode. As I wrote make sure you already have the latest drivers ready to be installed and I find the easiest way is to have them prominant of the Desktop Screen.

Once DS is finished, restart and install your latest drivers.

Hmm I cant seem to find the video card there. Start > All Programs > Nvidia (it just lists nvidia software stuff such as physx, updater etc...nothign that pertains to the drivers or card itself)

So would I still be able to unsinstall by Device Manager > Display Adapters > Gts 250 (right click) > uninstall.

Duh-Me! You are correct, you can't find the video card there by trying Start > All Programs > Nvidia :eek: Why I wrote that I haven't a clue. I've confused myself. :confused:

Anyway, if you don't have it installed yet I suggest downloading CCleaner to your desktop and use their Removal Tool to uninstall. This is free and free of malware, etc. Many of us here at TechSpot find CC's tool a much better option than what Windows offers. Nvidia will be listed.

Ya, I already have ccleaner, I see Nvidia Driver is avaliable to uninstall, so does that unistall the card too?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back