Start > Shutdown not working properly... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass7248

So say I turn on my computer right now. Once it starts up I can shut it down by Start > Turn Off Computer. But after like I play a full screen game and I try to Start > Turn Off Computer, it just gives me an arrow glass and freezes right there so I then have to manually force its shutdown by holding the power button. I have ran all virus scan/spybot ect, but I still can't shut it down properly. I noticed that my things such as my Mozilla Bookmarks and my passwords to ventrilo servers always get reset and deleted and I have to do my bookmarks all over again. Is this because i'm not able to shut my computer down properly? Any Help is really appreciated. It's getting really annoying to keep having to re-do my bookmarks and such.

I'm having that type of problem with a P5B Deluxe, myself. I have a room fan blowing on the MB to keep some chip, other than the CPU and NB cool and I'm doing better with the fan so I'm suspecting my MB. I don't want to be without it while I RMA the MB so I'm saving up for a replacement and then use this in some other box. I find some programs won't shutdown and if they are forced off my desktop locks up.

Yes it can get lost that way. I usually have a recent copy of my bookmarks laying around plus I use FEBE extension to backup FF daily to a different HD. I can always use that to recover, and you'll need to create an alternate profile to do the recovery of the default profile.

Good luck I hope you can isolate it.

Before you shutdown after a game, go into the Task Manager (alt,ctrl,del)

and try to close down any game process manually.You can also try KillProcess

Firefox bookmarks can be saved manually,with four clicks -

Bookmarks/Organize/File/Export, if you want a temporary workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back